Hi Nick, On Tue, Jan 02, 2024 at 10:30:45AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote: > >Since commit 08bc2832527f42b517f2d550e8ada452b4ad21ee > >12.24: Annocheck: Changes GO FIPS test to look for CGO_ENABLED markers > >The s390x CI builder has been failing: > >https://builder.sourceware.org/buildbot/#/builders/annobin-fedora-s390x > > Is there any way to recover the test binary that was built as part of the failing test ? Attached. > >annocheck: Version 12.34. > >Hardened: use-crypto: warn: Unable to determine the binary's producer from it's DW_AT_producer string. > >Hardened: use-crypto: FAIL: fips test because the binary was not built with CGO_ENABLED=1 > > Annocheck looks for two symbols in the binary's symbol table: > "crypto" which indicates that the crypto library is being used and > "cgo_topofstack" which indicates that the binary was compiled with > CGO_ENABLED=1. The test only fails if the "crypto" symbol is present > but the "cgo_topofstack" symbol is missing. > > Since this failure is specific to the s390x architecture, I am guessing > that there is a symbol prefix problem here. Ie the symbols are probably > called "_crypto" and "_cgo_topofstack" on the s390x. But I would need to > examine the actual failing binary in order to check. Or gccgo just doesn't use the same symbols as golang? > PS. There is sourceware bugzilla support for annobin... > PPS. Did you really report this problem on the 25th of December ? ah, sorry, yes. I was just playing with the little starfive riscv board, to admire the blinklights for Christmas. I admit I didn't have a s390x mainframe around (which probably has even more blinkenlights!) but just happened to look at the other test results. I can file a bug report in bugzilla if you like. Cheers, Mark