public inbox for annobin@sourceware.org
From: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
To: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>, annobin@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: s390x build test failure for GO FIPS
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 10:30:45 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Mark,

> Since commit 08bc2832527f42b517f2d550e8ada452b4ad21ee
> 12.24: Annocheck: Changes GO FIPS test to look for CGO_ENABLED markers
> The s390x CI builder has been failing:
> https://builder.sourceware.org/buildbot/#/builders/annobin-fedora-s390x

Is there any way to recover the test binary that was built as part of the failing test ?

> annocheck: Version 12.34.
> Hardened: use-crypto: warn: Unable to determine the binary's producer from it's DW_AT_producer string.
> Hardened: use-crypto: FAIL: fips test because the binary was not built with CGO_ENABLED=1

Annocheck looks for two symbols in the binary's symbol table:
"crypto" which indicates that the crypto library is being used and
"cgo_topofstack" which indicates that the binary was compiled with
CGO_ENABLED=1.  The test only fails if the "crypto" symbol is present
but the "cgo_topofstack" symbol is missing.

Since this failure is specific to the s390x architecture, I am guessing
that there is a symbol prefix problem here.  Ie the symbols are probably
called "_crypto" and "_cgo_topofstack" on the s390x.  But I would need to
examine the actual failing binary in order to check.

Cheers
   Nick

PS.  There is sourceware bugzilla support for annobin...

PPS. Did you really report this problem on the 25th of December ?