Hi Christian, > When `--without-clang` or `--without-llvm` are passed to configure, > this seems to be interpreted as "with" instead of "without". Omitting > each disables them as per defaults. Ooops! > I'm not an autoconf pro, but I think there is some inconsistency > between with_clang / with_clang_plugin and with_llvm / > with_llvm_plugin and maybe their default values in the configure > script. Agreed. Please could you try out the attached patch and let me know if it works for you ? It should harmonize the configure options, so that by default everything is built and that in order to disable a component you need to add --without- to the command line. Plus the names for the plugin options are now consistent, ie --without-gcc-plugin --without-clang-plugin and --without-llvm-plugin. Cheers Nick