On 09/09, Jan Kratochvil wrote: > > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:50:47 +0200, Oleg Nesterov wrote: > > Probably I need to implement G/P first, otherwise gdb can't change ip. > > > > Still, I'd appreciate if someone can explain me what gdb needs/expects > > to handle breakpoints before I start to read the sources. > > Yes, GDB tries to set PC to PC-1 to skip back after the hit of 0xCC. > As it fails to fix-up PC then PC is wrong and trap_expected is then 0 (it > should be 1) and everything fails. OK. I'll implement G or P, then we will see. But probably not right now, I have to switch to bug-report I have. > BTW ugdb needs one simple fix. :-) > (gdb) p/x done=0x5a > $1 = 0xa5 OOPS! indeed, unhex() confuses lo and hi. I am attaching ugdb.c with the trivial fix. Thanks! Cough... could you tell me how can I change the variable "done" without printing it? Oleg.