public inbox for archer@sourceware.org
* [expr-cumulative] testsuite: Status of the tests upstreaming
@ 2011-01-14 15:22 Jan Kratochvil
From: Jan Kratochvil @ 2011-01-14 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sami Wagiaalla; +Cc: Keith Seitz, archer

Hi Sami,

while cross-checking testsuite results I found that some testcase were renamed
between [expr-cumulative] and upstream:

gdb.cp/
koenig.exp                            -> namespace-koenig.exp
namespace-multiple-imports.exp        -> nsimport.exp
namespace-nested-imports.exp      (*) -> (not sure) namespace-nested-import.exp
namespace-no-imports.exp          (*) -> (not found, dropped?)
namespace-recursive.exp               -> nsrecurs.exp
namespace-stress-declarations.exp     -> nsdecl.exp
namespace-stress.exp                  -> nsstress.exp
realcpp.exp                           -> cpexprs.exp
shadowing.exp                         -> shadow.exp

Could you comment on the two marked items if the change+drop is valid or if
they were forgotten and also whether it is a good sanity check for Fedora to
still include their Archer variants?

Thanks,
Jan

* Re: [expr-cumulative] testsuite: Status of the tests upstreaming
@ 2011-01-14 15:36 ` Jan Kratochvil
From: Jan Kratochvil @ 2011-01-14 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sami Wagiaalla; +Cc: Keith Seitz, archer

[fixed minor issue]

Hi Sami,

while cross-checking testsuite results I found that some testcase were renamed
between [expr-cumulative] and upstream:

gdb.cp/
namespace-koenig.exp                  -> koenig.exp

@ 2011-01-24 16:59 ` sami wagiaalla
From: sami wagiaalla @ 2011-01-24 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kratochvil; +Cc: Keith Seitz, archer

Hey Jan,

Sorry for the late reply to this email. I totally missed it.

> namespace-nested-imports.exp      (*) ->  (not sure) namespace-nested-import.exp

This correct. The test has not been renamed to make it 8.3 compatible.

> namespace-no-imports.exp          (*) ->  (not found, dropped?)

Yes, this was forgotten. I'll prepare and post a patch upstream.

> Could you comment on the two marked items if the change+drop is valid or if
> they were forgotten and also whether it is a good sanity check for Fedora to
> still include their Archer variants?

No there is no need. The tests are only different in name.

Thanks for checking this,
   Sami

* Re: [expr-cumulative] testsuite: Status of the tests upstreaming
@ 2011-01-24 18:12   ` Jan Kratochvil
From: Jan Kratochvil @ 2011-01-24 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sami wagiaalla; +Cc: Keith Seitz, archer

Hi Sami,

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:59:22 +0100, sami wagiaalla wrote:
> > namespace-nested-imports.exp      (*) ->  (not sure) namespace-nested-import.exp
>
> This correct. The test has not been renamed to make it 8.3 compatible.

The renaming applies to the other testcases.  But this specific
namespace-nested-import{,s}.exp testfile has very different content - so I was
not sure if it really tests what the former test did test.

If the rename rule applies even in this case then sure everything is OK.

@ 2011-01-24 20:44     ` sami wagiaalla
From: sami wagiaalla @ 2011-01-24 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kratochvil; +Cc: Keith Seitz, archer

> The renaming applies to the other testcases.  But this specific
> namespace-nested-import{,s}.exp testfile has very different content - so I was
> not sure if it really tests what the former test did test.

Yeah, you are right. Both namespace-nested-imports.exp and
namespace-no-imports.exp should be pushed upstream.

Sami