public inbox for archer@sourceware.org
* A few python/pretty-printing questions
@ 2009-04-06 20:07 Ray Ruvinskiy
From: Ray Ruvinskiy @ 2009-04-06 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: archer

Hello,

I've been trying out Archer's python and pretty-printing
functionality, and I have a few questions:
- Can pretty-printers be toggled on a case-by-case basis? If I have a
printer enabled for a certain type, can I still look at the raw
structure?
- Is it possible to export convenience variables from within the
python layer so that they would be visible from the gdb prompt?
- Suppose I want to pass an expression of the form 'this-
 >inner1.inner2.leaf' to a python command, is there a quick way to
look up the gdb.Value corresponding to the name, or do I have to first
look up 'this' and then index into the dictionary?

Thanks,

Ray