public inbox for archer@sourceware.org
From: Andrew Sutherland <sombrero@alum.mit.edu>
To: archer@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: regression in remote.c in remote_threads_info for qfThreadInfo/qsThreadInfo with the introduction of read_ptid
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:52:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 09/10/2009 03:11 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> "Like the descriptions of the other packets, each description here has a template showing the packet's
> overall syntax, followed by an explanation of the packet's meaning. We include spaces in some of the
> templates for clarity; these are not part of the packet's syntax. No GDB packet uses
> spaces to separate its components."

I did miss that, thank you.  And it certainly does make sense to not
include whitespace in a machine protocol...

Is there any form of policy on backwards compatibility for the remote
debugging protocol?  The problematic gdb stub is the VMware stub (as
found in Workstation 6.x), and when notifying them of this problem, it'd
be good to know how much of a problem it in fact is.

Thanks,
Andrew