public inbox for bfd@sourceware.org
* Bugs in recent snapshots on Solaris
@ 1998-03-13  0:47 Manfred Hollstein
From: Manfred Hollstein @ 1998-03-13  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bfd, gas2; +Cc: Manfred.Hollstein

Didn't anybody else see this? When make check is running the shared
tests in the ld directory, it'll never stop. Instead I'll get a CPU
hungry process tmpdir/shp running and running and ... I have no idea
what it's doing, size won't change (increase or decrease), but it
really hogs my CPU (top reports right now 0.0% idle!).

This is with yesterday's snapshot (gas-980312), but I've observed it
with 0303 as well. I haven't investigated, when this problem has been
introduced, but at least 980219 is working without problems.

Interestingly, this only happens on sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, not on
sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4.

Thanks for you time.

manfred