public inbox for bfd@sourceware.org
* Re: mixing .o architectures in a link
       [not found] ` <199801231846.KAA08261.cygnus.bfd@canuck.cygnus.com>
@ 1998-01-23 15:00   ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 1998-01-23 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bfd

In article <199801231846.KAA08261.cygnus.bfd@canuck.cygnus.com>,
Doug Evans <devans@cygnus.com> wrote:
>   The concept is that code and data for the two VUs is loaded into
>   the 5900 address space for subsequent transfer to the VUs under
>   explicit control of the 59 program.  (It may make sense to put
>   the VU text in the 59 text segment as it should be read-only.
>   For VU data, the same arguments could be made.)

This may be less automatic than you like, but the way I would do
it with existing tools is to link the VU program by itself, then
create a MIPS object with a section containing the finished VU
program via objcopy trickery.

But that may just be too gross for the Product you are trying to
produce...

r~

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-01-23 15:00 UTC | newest]