* 2.37 branch created.
@ 2021-07-03 14:56 Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2021-07-03 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi Everyone,

  The 2.37 branch has now been created:

     git clone git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git -b binutils-2.37-branch

  A snapshot of the sources is also available here:

    https://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.36.90.tar.xz

  Please could all patches for the branch be run by me.
  The rules for the branch are:

    * No new features.
    * Target specific bug fixes are OK.
    * Generic bug fixes are OK if they are important and widely tested.
    * Documentation updates/fixes are OK.
    * Translation updates are OK.
    * Fixes for testsuite failures are OK.

  Ideally I would like to make the release happen in two weeks time,
  i.e. July 18.  Which I hope will be enough time for everyone
  to get their final fixes in.

  In addition, now that this branch has been cut, we are dropping the
  requirement for ChangeLog entries to be submitted with patches to the
  mainline sources.  They are not forbidden, but they are optional.
  Instead we will be generating changelogs for future releases based on
  the git commit messages.  As such, please could anyone checking in a
  patch endevour to ensure that the commit messages are thorough.

Cheers
  Nick