* how to add the contents of an elf file into another elf file?
@ 2007-12-11  3:33 阎淼
From: 阎淼 @ 2007-12-11  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi all,

   I have 2 .o files: a.o, b.o, which will be linked with other libs
to generate an exeutable file.
   I would like the contents of b.o as a whole to be an independant
part of the executable file. b.o contains data and instructions which
will be created as a process at runtime( embedded target ).
   How can I do this?

* RE: how to add the contents of an elf file into another elf file?
@ 2007-12-11 11:09 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2007-12-11 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '??', binutils

On 11 December 2007 03:34, ?? wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I have 2 .o files: a.o, b.o, which will be linked with other libs
> to generate an exeutable file.
>    I would like the contents of b.o as a whole to be an independant
> part of the executable file. b.o contains data and instructions which
> will be created as a process at runtime( embedded target ).
>    How can I do this?

  One solution would be to use objcopy to rename the sections in b.o to some new
names, then use a custom linker script to group them in a single output section
together, bracketed by start and end symbols.

    cheers,
      DaveK