I noticed this while talking to Ben Elliston about PR 1298. In the file opcodes/m68k-dis.c, in the function match_insn_m68k, there is code to handle an error return from print_insn_m68k. This prints an error message and then exits with an error code. However, we disabled printing right before the print_insn_m68k call, so no error message will ever be printed here. We need to restore the print functions before we try to print the error message. This is trivial to demonstrate by modifying print_insn_arg to return -2 unconditionally, and then running the disassembler on some m68k code. Unpatched and patched results are attached. I tested this with a x86_64-x-m68k-elf cross binutils. There were no regressions. I went ahead and checked in the bug fix patch. -- Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com