I played with this a while ago for cegcc, and got it to work. (Host environment is either linux or cygwin, target is Windows CE on ARM.) I have a patch that allows you to specify a different directory than the host source directory. That means : - you compile on a PC, sources in e.g. /home/danny/src/prog.c - by default, gcc compiles in a path /home/danny/src in which the executable will try to store its profile information - that is not always present on the mobile device - there is a way to change this directory at run time, but that isn't always easy (it isn't on CE) - so I've added a way to specify a different directory at compile time, meaning I can override the directory that gcc puts in the object file I've been wanting to submit the code but didn't get around to it yet. Should I clean it up and submit ? Danny On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:45 +1000, Ben Elliston wrote: > On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 13:45 -0400, Sanjay Chadha wrote: > > > [schadha@devjava1-fc4 binutils-2.15.91.0.2]$ ./configure > > --target=mipsel-linux --host==mipsel-linux > > [schadha@devjava1-fc4 binutils-2.15.91.0.2]$ make > > > > However the compiled gprof was compiled for the host (i386) machine. Any > > ideas of what other changes may be required to cross compile gprof for > > the mips machine. > > gprof runs on the host, not on the target (but it reads target object > code, of course). In your configure command line above, I see you used > ==, not =. Perhaps that is your problem. > > Ben > -- Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info