I need to apologise, I probably anwered the wrong question. I've done stuff for gprof and gcov on the cegcc project. For gprof, the tweaks are now in a directory src/profile/profile in our svn; for gcov, they are in (roughly) src/gcc/gcc/*gcov* . The gcov stuff allows you to specify a different directory on the gcc command line, I didn't do this for gprof. Does any of this sound interesting ? I've been wanting to submit the gcov tweaks but I need to find the time. Also part of the process is that I need to ask the maintainers how to preferably get the information into the tool : should this via a gcc command line option, an environment variable, or both. Danny On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 21:39 +0100, John Tytgat wrote: > In message <1176390019.14038.54.camel@dannypc> > Danny Backx wrote: > > > [ cross-compiled gprof ] > > I played with this a while ago for cegcc, and got it to work. (Host > > environment is either linux or cygwin, target is Windows CE on ARM.) > > > > I have a patch that allows you to specify a different directory than the > > host source directory. > > > > That means : > > [...] > > > > I've been wanting to submit the code but didn't get around to it yet. > > > > Should I clean it up and submit ? > > I would be interested to see this commited. > > Thanks for the effort, > John. -- Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info