On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 15:46 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 16:25 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > > This is the second in a series of patches to make a build with an > > in-tree GNU libiconv work as designed. > > > > Currently GDB is the only toolchain component which actually uses an > > in-tree libiconv. This patch modifies the common AM_ICONV to use an > > in-tree libiconv when present and not already provided by libc. (GDB's > > workaround uses an in-tree libiconv even when libc provides iconv(3); > > I'm not sure when or why that would be desirable.) > > > > Once these two patches are merged in to each tree, I will follow with > > patches to regenerate the various configure scripts and a few other > > minor corresponding changes. > > This patch was bootstrapped in conjunction with the toplevel libiconv > patch. I don't have write permissions to either repository, so please > apply once approved. Here is the regeneration patch for binutils/configure. -- Yaakov Selkowitz Associate Software Engineer, ARM Red Hat, Inc.