* porting to tms320c2xx
@ 1999-12-10 16:21 Galen Seitz
From: Galen Seitz @ 1999-12-10 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,

I planning to port binutils to the TI tms320c2xx.  The question is
would it be better to work from the last official release or from the
latest snapshot?

thanks,
galen

* Re: porting to tms320c2xx
@ 1999-12-10 16:51 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1999-12-10 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galens; +Cc: binutils

   Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:21:22 -0800
   From: Galen Seitz <galens@seitzassoc.com>

   I planning to port binutils to the TI tms320c2xx.  The question is
   would it be better to work from the last official release or from the
   latest snapshot?

Please work from the sources found on
    http://sourceware.cygnus.com/binutils

Ideally, follow the basic approach used by the tic30 and tic80
targets.

Thanks.

Ian

* Re: porting to tms320c2xx
@ 1999-12-10 18:21 ` Geoff Keating
From: Geoff Keating @ 1999-12-10 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galens; +Cc: binutils

> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:21:22 -0800
> From: Galen Seitz <galens@seitzassoc.com>

> I planning to port binutils to the TI tms320c2xx.  The question is
> would it be better to work from the last official release or from the
> latest snapshot?

I'd recommend the latest release, that way it will be easier to
integrate the results into the official binutils and you'll have the
latest versions of all the similar toolchains. binutils seems to
already have support for the tms320c30, c54x, and c80, which may be of
help.

Ideally, you'd like to do this with ELF, but all the existing TI tools
seem to be using COFF :-(.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>

* RE: porting to tms320c2xx
@ 1999-12-14 14:47 Greg Smart
From: Greg Smart @ 1999-12-14 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Galen Seitz', binutils

The best thing would be to work from the CVS tree. Have a
look at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/binutils if you don't know
how to get the CVS archive.  The 320C54x instruction set is a
superset of the 320C2xx instruction set, so you may find you
can get pretty close by just using that port with a few changes
to allow/disallow certain instructions.

good luck with it.
Greg