* Help: linking a dll which uses runtime symbol on cygwin
@ 2001-08-29 17:43 Chia-liang Kao
From: Chia-liang Kao @ 2001-08-29 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, Paul.Sokolovsky, binutils

Hi,

I'm porting a program developed on FreeBSD to cygwin and encounter
some problems with linking.

The problem is mainly about the perl extension. The main program
exports some symbol for the plugins written in perl to use (via XS),
and invokes the plugins by some function in libperl5_6_1.dll.

Sorry that I'm very unfamiliar with win32. I asked several people and
digged the mailing list. I somewhat know about the implib/declspec,
which seems to exist for some historical issues. I also played with
the --auto-import patched ld but in vain.

Anyway, to simplify and show the scenario clearly:

* A (main program)
  + links with B (libperl)

* C (the plugin glueware)
  + uses some symbols from both A and B
  + is loaded by B while A is running

on FreeBSD, I just cc -share C.o -o C.so, the unresolved symbols won't
make any trouble.

So how do I get the C.dll on cygwin?

Cheers,
CLK
--

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-08-29 17:43 UTC | newest]