* Re: Makefile.in, Makefile.am problem
@ 2002-01-23  9:10 Ivan Guzvinec
From: Ivan Guzvinec @ 2002-01-23  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Alan Modra wrote:
> >  Entries for the files that I have added are not generated. If I add
them
> >  manualy they (as expected) are deleted when I try to build the sources.
> >
> >  I am new to these tools (Automake, etc...) so I would ask if someone
can
> >  please tell me how and when these sections of Makefile.am/.in are
> >  generated?
>
> configure using --enable-64-bit-bfd --enable-targets=all, go to each of
> bfd/, opcodes/, binutils/, gas/, gprof/ and ld/ in your build directory,
> and run
>
> make dep-am
>
> After that, run automake in each of the corresponding source dirs.

I tried this procedure, but it does not solve my problem.

Can someone please explain ALL the steps needed to add new target to
binutils (or point me to a document that explains it). I would like to add
OR32 (OpenRisc1200) architecture support (aout, coff and elf32).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the above procedure. I want to point out
again that I'm new to these tools (make, automake, etc...) and more detailed
explanation is needed. I would like to hear from someone that has added an
architecture/target recently. It would save me a lot of time if I don't need
to chew through make,automake,... documentation first.

regards,
Ivan

* Re: Makefile.in, Makefile.am problem
@ 2002-01-23 16:46 ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2002-01-23 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Guzvinec; +Cc: binutils

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:04:40PM +0100, Ivan Guzvinec wrote:

> I tried this procedure, but it does not solve my problem.

Perhaps you haven't added your new files to CFILES.

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the above procedure. I want to point out
> again that I'm new to these tools (make, automake, etc...) and more detailed
> explanation is needed. I would like to hear from someone that has added an
> architecture/target recently.

You don't need to hear from anyone.  Look at ChangeLog files.  Run
"cvs log" and "cvs diff" on files to find the changes.  stormy16
support was added quite recently.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre

* Re: Makefile.in, Makefile.am problem
@ 2002-01-22 11:06   ` Ivan Guzvinec
From: Ivan Guzvinec @ 2002-01-22 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Alan Modra wrote:
> >  Entries for the files that I have added are not generated. If I add them
> >  manualy they (as expected) are deleted when I try to build the sources.
> >
> >  I am new to these tools (Automake, etc...) so I would ask if someone can
> >  please tell me how and when these sections of Makefile.am/.in are
> >  generated?
>
> configure using --enable-64-bit-bfd --enable-targets=all, go to each of
> bfd/, opcodes/, binutils/, gas/, gprof/ and ld/ in your build directory,
> and run
>
> make dep-am
>
> After that, run automake in each of the corresponding source dirs.

I tried this procedure, but it does not solve my problem.

Can someone please explain ALL the steps needed to add new target to
binutils (or point me to a document that explains it). I would like to
add OR32 (OpenRisc1200) architecture support (coff and elf32).

regards,
	Ivan

* Re: Makefile.in, Makefile.am problem
@ 2002-01-21  2:49 ` Alan Modra