* re: patch reversion and new install
@ 2003-03-12 22:21 Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2003-03-12 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: Thiemo Seufer, binutils

Alex,
	If you don't mind could you please revert Thiemo's patch and replace it
with yours for the branch to global issues?

Thanks.

-eric

--
o/~ got caught stealing fire from the sky o/~

* Re: patch reversion and new install
@ 2003-03-12 23:10 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-03-12 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher, hjl; +Cc: Thiemo Seufer, binutils

On Mar 12, 2003, Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> wrote:

> If you don't mind could you please revert Thiemo's patch and replace
> it with yours for the branch to global issues?

Done.  I hope Thiemo's patch can eventually be fixed such that we can
get branches to external symbols again, but meanwhile, I also feel
it's better to have something that works.  H.J., this should get you
around the problem you just reported as well.  Thiemo, you may want to
integrate H.J.'s patch into yours, even though it won't fix all of the
problems, and I'm not even entirely sure it's a complete fix.  It just
takes care of the most obvious failure scenario.  I'm sure there are
more for the border conditions for which the in-place addend is
tweaked.

* Re: patch reversion and new install
@ 2003-03-12 23:31   ` Thiemo Seufer
From: Thiemo Seufer @ 2003-03-12 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: Eric Christopher, hjl, binutils

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2003, Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > If you don't mind could you please revert Thiemo's patch and replace
> > it with yours for the branch to global issues?
>
> Done.  I hope Thiemo's patch can eventually be fixed such that we can
> get branches to external symbols again, but meanwhile, I also feel
> it's better to have something that works.  H.J., this should get you
> around the problem you just reported as well.  Thiemo, you may want to
> integrate H.J.'s patch into yours, even though it won't fix all of the
> problems, and I'm not even entirely sure it's a complete fix. It just
> takes care of the most obvious failure scenario.  I'm sure there are
> more for the border conditions for which the in-place addend is
> tweaked.

I'm cuurently working on identifying all the places which are failing
for RELA. I hope to come up with a solution the next days.

Thiemo