* cvs access via ssh?
@ 2004-05-04 10:56 Christian Joensson
From: Christian Joensson @ 2004-05-04 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Just an idea here... would it make sense to have the binutils sources
(and friends?) available via ssh also (as is gcc from savannah these
days)?

Cheers,

/ChJ

* Re: cvs access via ssh?
@ 2004-05-05  1:51 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-05-05  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Joensson; +Cc: binutils

Christian Joensson <christian@j-son.org> writes:

> Just an idea here... would it make sense to have the binutils sources
> (and friends?) available via ssh also (as is gcc from savannah these
> days)?

What would be the advantage of doing that?

I'm not absolutely opposed to it, but it seems to me that it would
lead to more load on the server, which is already struggling along at
the best of times.

The place to suggest a change like this is overseers@sourceware.org.

Ian

* Re: cvs access via ssh?
@ 2004-05-05  5:14   ` christian
From: christian @ 2004-05-05  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:51:29PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Christian Joensson <christian@j-son.org> writes:
>
> > Just an idea here... would it make sense to have the binutils sources
> > (and friends?) available via ssh also (as is gcc from savannah these
> > days)?
>
> What would be the advantage of doing that?

mainly to be able to access the cvs trees from behind firewalls that
won't let :pserver through....

> I'm not absolutely opposed to it, but it seems to me that it would
> lead to more load on the server, which is already struggling along at
> the best of times.
>
> The place to suggest a change like this is overseers@sourceware.org.

sure, just checking opinions here first...

Cheers,

/ChJ

* Re: cvs access via ssh?
@ 2004-05-05  5:15   ` christian