* Emails bouncing warning
@ 2004-07-12  8:32 Marcin Konicki
From: Marcin Konicki @ 2004-07-12  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,

(sorry for posting it here, but my mail was returned from binutils-help
list).

I've just received warning about emails bouncing from my smtp, and that
i'll be removed from list if more mails will bounce.

I've used instructions from warning mail to get bounced mails (all 3 of
them) and they were just a spam. So probably it was just server blocking
spam.

What should i do? I don't want to receive spam, but it seems list doesn't
understand that :(

Regards
ahwayakchih

* RE: Emails bouncing warning
@ 2004-07-12 10:36 ` Dave Murphy
From: Dave Murphy @ 2004-07-12 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Konicki, binutils

if you can you should configure your smtp to just blackhole the spam (i.e. just ignore it and pretend it never arrived). If not ask your ISP if they can blackhole it.

Bouncing mails from servers is one of the tricks spammers use to hide the origin of the mails

Dave

* RE: Emails bouncing warning
@ 2004-07-12 10:50   ` Marcin Konicki
From: Marcin Konicki @ 2004-07-12 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Murphy; +Cc: binutils

> if you can you should configure your smtp to just blackhole the spam
> (i.e. just ignore it and pretend it never arrived). If not ask your ISP
> if they can blackhole it.
>
> Bouncing mails from servers is one of the tricks spammers use to hide
> the origin of the mails

Thank You. I've changed settings from "inform about not existing mail
address" to "ignore".

Regards
ahwayakchih