[Trying this again with the patch compressed.] This patch fixes all the remaining spurious testsuite failures for cross-tools targeted at: mips-linux mipsel-linux mips64-linux mips64el-linux And for: mips-elf mipsel-elf with the exception of the -shared tests mentioned in my earlier message today. I tried to cover these too: mips-sgi-irix5 mips-sgi-irix6 but the testsuite is just in too bad shape for me to want to deal with it. For instance all the gas dli tests fail. I loosened the regexes in the multi-got-1 test substantially, in the hope that it won't need so much love and attention in the future. It's a useful test, but it never seems to stay passing for long. That's why the patch is so big. OK? -- Daniel Jacobowitz