* RFC: Make linker created symbol local
@ 2005-02-25 15:34 H. J. Lu
From: H. J. Lu @ 2005-02-25 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Since ELF linker may create symbols for both DSOs and executables,
can we always make the ELF linker created symbol local? Otherwise
we will run into problems with linker created symbols in DSOs.

H.J.

* Re: RFC: Make linker created symbol local
@ 2005-02-25 15:52 ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2005-02-25 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. J. Lu; +Cc: binutils

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:04:46PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Since ELF linker may create symbols for both DSOs and executables,
> can we always make the ELF linker created symbol local?

Probably not.  ld.so needs special syms like _DYNAMIC and
_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre