* Procedure bounds
@ 2005-04-28 23:07 Sumesh UdayaKumaran
From: Sumesh UdayaKumaran @ 2005-04-28 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello everyone.
     I am trying to find the starting address and end address of a function
from the elf executable
using BFD functions. I could find the start address as section->vma +
corresponding symboltable entry->value. Can anyone tell me how I can find
the end address of the procedure or starting address
of the next procedure.

I would appreciate any help
thanks
Sumesh

* Re: Procedure bounds
@ 2005-04-28 23:27 ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2005-04-28 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumesh UdayaKumaran; +Cc: binutils

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:47:16PM +0000, Sumesh UdayaKumaran wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>     I am trying to find the starting address and end address of a function
> from the elf executable
> using BFD functions. I could find the start address as section->vma +
> corresponding symboltable entry->value. Can anyone tell me how I can find
> the end address of the procedure or starting address
> of the next procedure.

For ELF, the function symbol st_size should be the size of the function.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre