* [RFC] install-html target.
@ 2006-03-13 15:34 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2006-03-13 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Autoconf/automake cvs head have support for install-html.

I did a "naive" src migration to autoconf/automake cvs head and
install-html worked beautifully. The other targets suffered here
and there, refusing to build on occasion when something had
changed in unexpected ways (ld was probably the worst breakage).

Would it be OK to add a custom install-html target?

These would be rules written by hand, though largely stolen from
autoconf / automake cvs head (2.59c / 1.9a). Eventually when a
migration to 2.60 occurs, these rules could be removed.

Any comments or suggestions about where this rules should go?
Is there any opposition to such a patch?

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell
CodeSourcery

* Re: [RFC] install-html target.
@ 2006-04-05 12:45 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2006-04-05 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: binutils

Hi Carlos,

> Would it be OK to add a custom install-html target?

Yes I think so.

> Any comments or suggestions about where this rules should go?

My suggestion: the <src>/config directory.  Probably in their own file
for now, just to keep things clean.

> Is there any opposition to such a patch?

Not from me.

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: [RFC] install-html target.
@ 2006-04-05 20:30   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2006-04-05 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: binutils

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 12:47:56PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> >Would it be OK to add a custom install-html target?
>
> Yes I think so.
>
> >Any comments or suggestions about where this rules should go?
>
> My suggestion: the <src>/config directory.  Probably in their own file
> for now, just to keep things clean.
>
> >Is there any opposition to such a patch?
>
> Not from me.

Did you have any objections or comments about:
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2006-03/msg00306.html

DJ seems ok with the libiberty parts.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell
CodeSourcery

* Re: [RFC] install-html target.
@ 2006-04-06 10:10     ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2006-04-06 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: binutils

Hi Carlos,

> Did you have any objections or comments about:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2006-03/msg00306.html

Apart from "thank you for doing this" and "approved", no. :-)

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: [RFC] install-html target.
@ 2006-04-06 23:35       ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2006-04-06 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: binutils

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:46:09AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> >Did you have any objections or comments about:
> >http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2006-03/msg00306.html
>
> Apart from "thank you for doing this" and "approved", no. :-)

Thanks :)

Everything checked in except libiberty changes which will go to
gcc-patches. I've also updated some of the copyright dates to 2006.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell