* binutils & autoconf update
@ 2006-03-18  1:27 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-03-18  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Over on the GCC mailing list I asked about updating the libtool that GCC
uses and was told that it was blocked, waiting for an update to autoconf
2.59.  All the gcc subdirectories already use a 2.59 autoconf but there
are binutils subdirectories that still use autoconf 2.13 and since some
people use a combined source tree with GCC and binutils we need binutils
to be updated too.

I was wondering if anyone is actively working on updating any of the
binutils subdirectories that use autoconf 2.13 to use autoconf 2.59.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: binutils & autoconf update
@ 2006-03-18  2:22 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2006-03-18  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ellcey; +Cc: binutils

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:06:49PM -0800, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> Over on the GCC mailing list I asked about updating the libtool that GCC
> uses and was told that it was blocked, waiting for an update to autoconf
> 2.59.  All the gcc subdirectories already use a 2.59 autoconf but there
> are binutils subdirectories that still use autoconf 2.13 and since some
> people use a combined source tree with GCC and binutils we need binutils
> to be updated too.
>
> I was wondering if anyone is actively working on updating any of the
> binutils subdirectories that use autoconf 2.13 to use autoconf 2.59.

It's not binutils, but src as a whole.  Please, take a look through the
GCC list archives; I enumerated every single directory that needed
attention a month or two ago, and I'd rather not do it again.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

* Re: binutils & autoconf update
@ 2006-03-18 11:10 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-03-18 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drow; +Cc: binutils

> It's not binutils, but src as a whole.  Please, take a look through the
> GCC list archives; I enumerated every single directory that needed
> attention a month or two ago, and I'd rather not do it again.

> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> CodeSourcery

I found your email about this:

I have already sent some email to the newlib list and next week I will
contact the other email lists too.  But I thought it would be good to
bring it up on the binutils lists too in case someone was already
working on it or already in contact with the other src owners.  I tend
to think of binutils as the largest, most global, email list involving
the src tree so I wanted to bring up the subject here.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com