* PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-19 17:50 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-05-19 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, gdb; +Cc: drow, gcc, ian

OK, Here is an official patch proposal to replace the contents of the
src/intl tree with the bits from gcc/intl.

I tested the change on HPPA and IA64 HP-UX and on IA64 Linux.  The Linux
build didn't prove much because it used the system gettext bits but the
HP-UX builds built and used the new intl directory with no problems and
I am willing to try and fix any problems caused by the change if other
platforms have problems with it.

2006-05-19  Steve Ellcey  <sje@cup.hp.com>

	* MAINTAINERS: Change intl updating instructions.
	* config.rpath: Copy from GCC tree.
	* intl: Replace contents of intl directory with intl from GCC tree.

*** MAINTAINERS.orig	Wed May 17 11:58:10 2006
--- MAINTAINERS	Wed May 17 12:01:37 2006
*************** gdb/; readline/; sim/; GDB's part of inc
*** 47,61 ****
  include/
  	See binutils/, gdb/, sid/, gcc/, libiberty/ etc.

! libiberty/; libiberty's part of include/
  	gcc: http://gcc.gnu.org
  	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official GCC
  	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
! 	in via a merge.  Note: approved patches in gcc's libiberty
! 	are automatically approved in this libiberty also; feel free
! 	to merge them yourself if needed sooner than the next merge.
! 	Otherwise, changes are automatically merged, usually within
! 	a day.

  ltconfig; ltmain.sh; ltcf-*.sh
  	libtool: http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/
--- 47,61 ----
  include/
  	See binutils/, gdb/, sid/, gcc/, libiberty/ etc.

! intl/; config.rhost; libiberty/; libiberty's part of include/
  	gcc: http://gcc.gnu.org
  	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official GCC
  	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
! 	in via a merge.  Note: approved patches in gcc's libiberty or
! 	intl are automatically approved in this libiberty and intl also;
! 	feel free to merge them yourself if needed sooner than the next
! 	merge.  Otherwise, changes are automatically merged, usually
! 	within a day.

  ltconfig; ltmain.sh; ltcf-*.sh
  	libtool: http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/
*************** winsup/
*** 99,105 ****
  	See also winsup/MAINTAINERS.

  config-ml.in; makefile.vms; mkdep; setup.com;
! etc/; intl/; utils/;
  	Any global maintainer can approve changes to these
  	files and directories.

--- 99,105 ----
  	See also winsup/MAINTAINERS.

  config-ml.in; makefile.vms; mkdep; setup.com;
! etc/; utils/;
  	Any global maintainer can approve changes to these
  	files and directories.

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-19 17:57 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2006-05-19 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sje; +Cc: binutils, gdb, drow, gcc, ian

Hi Steve,

> OK, Here is an official patch proposal to replace the contents of the
> src/intl tree with the bits from gcc/intl.

> 2006-05-19  Steve Ellcey  <sje@cup.hp.com>
>
> 	* MAINTAINERS: Change intl updating instructions.
> 	* config.rpath: Copy from GCC tree.
> 	* intl: Replace contents of intl directory with intl from GCC tree.

Approved for binutils.

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-19 18:06   ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2006-05-19 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: sje, binutils, gdb, gcc, ian

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 04:54:17PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> >OK, Here is an official patch proposal to replace the contents of the
> >src/intl tree with the bits from gcc/intl.
>
> >2006-05-19  Steve Ellcey  <sje@cup.hp.com>
> >
> >	* MAINTAINERS: Change intl updating instructions.
> >	* config.rpath: Copy from GCC tree.
> >	* intl: Replace contents of intl directory with intl from GCC tree.
>
> Approved for binutils.

Fine for GDB, too.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-19 18:50 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2006-05-19 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sje; +Cc: binutils, gdb, drow, gcc, ian

> ! intl/; config.rhost; libiberty/; libiberty's part
> ! ...
> ! 	merge.  Otherwise, changes are automatically merged, usually
> ! 	within a day.

Who signed up to do the automatic merge?

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-19 19:22   ` Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-05-19 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: binutils, gdb, drow, gcc, ian

> > ! intl/; config.rhost; libiberty/; libiberty's part
> > ! ...
> > ! 	merge.  Otherwise, changes are automatically merged, usually
> > ! 	within a day.
>
> Who signed up to do the automatic merge?

I will unless you want to add this to the libiberty merge you do now.

intl changes even less than libiberty does.  The src version of intl has
4 changes since January of 2002.  The GCC version has 8 changes since
Zack put the gettext 0.12.1 version in back in July 2003.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-20 12:43     ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2006-05-20 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sje; +Cc: binutils, gdb, drow, gcc, ian

> I will unless you want to add this to the libiberty merge you do now.

I don't mind adding it to my script, if people agree that's what they
want.  It's just that nobody asked :-P

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-20 13:58       ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2006-05-20 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: sje, binutils, gdb, drow, gcc, ian

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> I will unless you want to add this to the libiberty merge you do now.
>
> I don't mind adding it to my script, if people agree that's what they
> want.  It's just that nobody asked :-P

I hereby request that you add automatic intl/ merging to your script. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-22 20:39       ` Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-05-22 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: drow, ian, mark, binutils, gdb

DJ,

I have updated the intl directory to match the GCC directory so if you
could add that to your libiberty merge process that would be great.  I
also copied config.rpath over at the top level so that should be added
too.

If anyone runs into a problem with the new intl directory bits please
let me know and I will try to fix any problems that arise.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-22 22:37         ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2006-05-22 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: sje, binutils, gdb, drow, gcc, ian

> I hereby request that you add automatic intl/ merging to your script. :-)

Ok :-)

* Re: PATCH: Update src/intl from gcc/intl
@ 2006-05-22 23:47         ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2006-05-22 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sje; +Cc: drow, ian, mark, binutils, gdb

> I have updated the intl directory to match the GCC directory so if
> you could add that to your libiberty merge process that would be
> great.  I also copied config.rpath over at the top level so that
> should be added too.

All set.