On Monday 26 March 2007, Aashish Gupta wrote: > I am trying to modify objdump to dump object file information for a > ELF64 file but on a different > kernel but its giving an error saying file format not recognized. > > > [root@localhost binutils]# ./objdump -s /root/Desktop/testcase/test.o > > ./objdump: /root/Desktop/testcase/test.o: File format not recognized > > Which part of the code should I look for in order to get through this > error? probably none ... build up a binutils for a target that supports the ELF format you're trying to analyze and/or build up binutils with --enable-targets=all -mike