* How to build a GNU Toolchain for ARM
@ 2009-03-10  0:47 Prez Ahn
From: Prez Ahn @ 2009-03-10  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi everyone!

I want to build GCC-4.3 Toolchain for ARM.
	GCC-4.3 toolchain
		binutils-2.19.tar.bz2
		gcc-4.3.2.tar.bz2
		newlib-1.16.0.tar.gz

Now, I use the following version in Windows.
(http://www.gnuarm.org/bu-2.17_gcc-4.2.0-c-c++_nl-1.15.0_gi-6.6.exe)

But I need to use the same or above version(i.e. GCC-4.3 Toolchain) in
Linux.
Please let me know how to build 4.3 Toolchain for ARM.

I must build with "--enable-interwork" option.
And it must support Big-Endian.

Please help me~

--
Prez Ahn (prezahn at gmail dot com)

* Re: How to build a GNU Toolchain for ARM
@ 2009-03-10  1:08 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2009-03-10  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: Prez Ahn

On Monday 09 March 2009 20:47:00 Prez Ahn wrote:
> I want to build GCC-4.3 Toolchain for ARM.
> 	GCC-4.3 toolchain
> 		binutils-2.19.tar.bz2
> 		gcc-4.3.2.tar.bz2
> 		newlib-1.16.0.tar.gz
>
> Now, I use the following version in Windows.
> (http://www.gnuarm.org/bu-2.17_gcc-4.2.0-c-c++_nl-1.15.0_gi-6.6.exe)
>
> But I need to use the same or above version(i.e. GCC-4.3 Toolchain) in
> Linux.
> Please let me know how to build 4.3 Toolchain for ARM.
>
> I must build with "--enable-interwork" option.
> And it must support Big-Endian.

you should read the crossgcc pages (just google "crossgcc") and ask on that
mailing list.  this list is only for binutils, not for the entire toolchain
let alone attempting to help people canadian cross to windows.
-mike