* What is the content of a linked file?
@ 2011-02-06  7:31 ali hagigat
From: ali hagigat @ 2011-02-06  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Suppose we have the following ld script and i use it to link my program with it:
SECTIONS
{
.text: { *(.text) }
.rodata: { *(.rodata) }
.data: { *(.data) }
BYTE(0x00)
BYTE(0xff)
BYTE(0xcd)
}
Then i link my program by gcc and with the above linker script and say
our final output file to be prog1 which is an executable file.
If I see prog1 file content, will it have, those 3
bytes(0x00,0xff,0xcd) I specified? I mean those bytes are in the
header of prog1 ELF file? or they are written in the body of the
object file?

* Re: What is the content of a linked file?
@ 2011-02-07  0:14 ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2011-02-07  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ali hagigat; +Cc: binutils

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 09:19:53AM +0330, ali hagigat wrote:
> Suppose we have the following ld script

Then you will get syntax errors.

--
Alan Modra