* --defsym:1: unresolvable symbol `__ctype_b_loc' referenced in expression
@ 2014-07-08 13:34 daniel
From: daniel @ 2014-07-08 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

I am trying to build some old 32-bit application on Linux x64. It used
the same function name in two shared libraries, so I decided to link
one of them statically. Linking failed with error "undefined reference
to `__ctype_b'", so I added following options when linking: "
-Wl,--defsym=__ctype_b=__ctype_b_loc -lc". This worked for one module.
Unfortunately it failed for another one - ld reported error
"--defsym:1: unresolvable symbol `__ctype_b_loc' referenced in
expression". Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug in ld?

gcc (GCC) 4.8.2
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.23.2

Regards,
Daniel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-07-08 13:34 UTC | newest]