* bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections() not getting called
@ 2020-03-25  2:44 William Tambe
From: William Tambe @ 2020-03-25  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Binutils

We are adding support for shared library and defined
elf_backend_size_dynamic_sections in the BFD backend port; however it is
not getting called due to bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections() not getting
called.

Any idea what needs to be done in the BFD backend
for bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections() to be called when linking a shared
library ?

* Re: bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections() not getting called
@ 2020-03-25  4:17 ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2020-03-25  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Tambe; +Cc: Binutils

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 10:44:59PM -0400, William Tambe via Binutils wrote:
> We are adding support for shared library and defined
> elf_backend_size_dynamic_sections in the BFD backend port; however it is
> not getting called due to bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections() not getting
> called.

Have you tried to find where bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections is called?

> Any idea what needs to be done in the BFD backend
> for bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections() to be called when linking a shared
> library ?

At a guess, your port is using the generic_link_hash_table linker and
thus can't support shared libraries.  If that's the case, fix that
first.  See elfxx-target.h

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM