On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 03:11:09PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote: > On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 04:21:17PM +0100, Nick Clifton via Binutils wrote: > > Plus, and this is very minor, version 4 DWARF line number tables are > > actually bigger than version 3 tables, because of the addition of the > > Maximum Ops Per Instruction field in the table header. > > This is most likely compensated by the fact that for DWARF4 we loose a > relocation in the CU DIE header for DW_AT_high_pc. We could save a few > bytes if we would be able to express the difference between low_pc and > high_pc as uleb128 (maybe we can simply use emit_leb128_expr?). This seems to work as intended and is indeed a lot shorter (before this patch we always used either data4 (32bits) or data8 (64bits). Cheers, Mark