* [RFC] Adding libbacktrace
@ 2021-08-30 20:32 Andrew Burgess
From: Andrew Burgess @ 2021-08-30 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello binutils!

I have a GDB patch series posted here:

  https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb-patches/2021-August/181548.html

that imports libbacktrace from the GCC repository into the
binutils-gdb repository, this would introduce a new toplevel directory
bintuils-gdb/libbacktrace/.

I don't believe that adding this module should have any significant
impact on binutils,  obviously the checkout will be slightly larger,
but libbacktrace will only be built if you're building GDB, so if
you're only building binutils there should be no build time impact.

I haven't included a patch here, as it's large, and I'm literally just
copying the code from gcc to binutils-gdb.

This email is just to make you all aware of my intentions, and, of
course, to give you a chance to make any comments (or raise any
objections) before I commit.

All feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Andrew