* update make flags used on buildbot
@ 2023-01-17 22:31 Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2023-01-17 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: builder

not sure where to send this, or where the configs live ...

can someone add the -O option to make ?  it helps greatly when things
are run in parallel which the builders do as it keeps output from jobs
from being interleaved.
-mike

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: update make flags used on buildbot
@ 2023-01-17 22:43 ` Sam James
From: Sam James @ 2023-01-17 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Frysinger; +Cc: Binutils, builder

It's all in https://sourceware.org/git/builder.git builder/master.cfg.

> can someone add the -O option to make ?  it helps greatly when things
> are run in parallel which the builders do as it keeps output from jobs
> from being interleaved.

This should be done already in https://sourceware.org/git?p=builder.git;a=commit;h=05fecee477e44f9d0952a399d344b53400ffb124
and some followups from mjw to handle older make.

Let us know if something more needs doing. I totally agree it's a great QoL improvement.

Best,
sam

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP --]

* Re: update make flags used on buildbot
@ 2023-01-18 21:16   ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-01-18 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam James; +Cc: Mike Frysinger, Binutils

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 10:43:22PM +0000, Sam James wrote:
> > On 17 Jan 2023, at 22:31, Mike Frysinger via Binutils <binutils@sourceware.org> wrote:
> >
> > not sure where to send this, or where the configs live ...
>
> It's all in https://sourceware.org/git/builder.git builder/master.cfg.
>
> > can someone add the -O option to make ?  it helps greatly when things
> > are run in parallel which the builders do as it keeps output from jobs
> > from being interleaved.
>
> This should be done already in https://sourceware.org/git?p=builder.git;a=commit;h=05fecee477e44f9d0952a399d344b53400ffb124
> and some followups from mjw to handle older make.
>
> Let us know if something more needs doing. I totally agree it's a
> great QoL improvement.

https://inbox.sourceware.org/buildbot
To sent requests or patches.

Cheers,