Nick Clifton wrote: > Hi Howard, > >>> This linker plugin works with both ld and gold. > >> Ping: anything else needed for this, docs, etc.? > > Sorry, sorry - my mind has been a mile away. > > So - the code in the patch looks good.  I am running regression tests > now but I am not expecting to encounter any problems.  There are some > things missing however, the first of which is documentation as you > guessed: I'm still working on writing up some tests, but the rest is here to get a head start on reviewing. > >   * A entry in ld/NEWS describing the new plugin. Done. >   * Documentation in ld/ld.texi describing how to use the plugin, >     preferably with examples. I took a stab at this, open to suggestions. >   * One or more new tests in linker's testsuite to check the >     functionality of the plugin.  Obviously these would have to be >     native only tests, but there are places in the testsuite >     where this is checked.  (Eg ld/testsuite/ld-bootstrap/bootstrap.exp) Working on this. > One other thing - is the plugin installed into the correct location > if "make install" is run ?  (Ie:  ${libdir}/bfd-plugins).  I have not > actually checked this yet, so maybe it works, but I would have guessed > that some extra work would need to be done on ld/Makefile.am to manage > the installation. I've tweaked the Makefile.am to install into $(libdir)/bfd-plugins. -- -- Howard Chu CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/