Howard Chu wrote: > Nick Clifton wrote: >> Hi Howard, >> >>>> * It is not clear to me why you create a binary bfd for Libdeps_bfd but >>>> then convert it to a plugin type bfd. Can you explain what you are >>>> doing here ? >>> >>> This was a major hassle, I should have commented it. The bfd gets created >>> with type "plugin", and that refuses the bfd_bwrite() call. (Just fails.) >>> The write only succeeded if I set it to "binary" type first. But then, trying >>> to add this bfd to the archive failed unless I changed the type back to "plugin." >> >> OK - please could you add a comment to this effect to enlighten future readers. > > OK, new patch attached. Added comments, NEWS entry, texi doc, test case. Sorry for the noise, this attached is the same as previous but with fixes to whitespace / indentation. -- -- Howard Chu CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/