* vtable.exp fails on ARM...
@ 1999-08-30 11:50 scottb
From: scottb @ 1999-08-30 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get the following test failing on a NetWinder
(armv4l-unknown-linux-gnu).

Running /cvstree/binutils/gas/testsuite/gas/vtable/vtable.exp ...
FAIL: vtable entry1

This test is run by the following code from
gas/testsuite/gas/vtable/vtable.exp

  # The vtable entry results are different on Rel and Rela targets.
  if {[istarget "i*86-*-*"] || [istarget "mips*-*-*"]} then {
    run_dump_test "entry0"
  } else {
    run_dump_test "entry1"
  }

The output from objdump -r is:

  dump.o:     file format elf32-littlearm

  RELOCATION RECORDS FOR [.text]:
  OFFSET   TYPE              VALUE
  00000010 R_ARM_GNU_VTENTRY  vtbl_a

This matches the output using entry0.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but I suspect it stems from our
use
of REL relocs in ARM Linux code generation, and the other ARM targets
using
RELA relocs.

I suspect adding an [istarget "armv*-*-linux*"] to the if clause will
solve the problem, but thought I would ask since ARM Linux doesn't use
this type of relocation record to my knowledge.

Any comments?

Scott

* Re: vtable.exp fails on ARM...
@ 1999-09-02  3:14 Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 1999-09-02  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: scottb; +Cc: clm, binutils

Hi Scott,

: I have changed the expect script as mentioned above.

Great - thanks.  I have also added [istarget "strongarm*-*-*"] to the
test.

Cheers
	Nick