* binutils for TI Cxx
@ 1999-12-09  6:13 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 1999-12-09  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Does anyone know the status of the binutils support for the
TI C3x and C4x in either 2.9.1 or the development snapshots?

http://www.elec.canterbury.ac.nz/c4x/ is still listing patches
against 2.7 as the stable version.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985

* Re: binutils for TI Cxx
@ 1999-12-09  6:37 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1999-12-09  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joel.sherrill; +Cc: binutils

   Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 08:06:31 -0600
   From: Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com>

   Does anyone know the status of the binutils support for the
   TI C3x and C4x in either 2.9.1 or the development snapshots?

The development snapshots includes TI C3x support, using COFF or
a.out.  This was contributed by Steve Haworth.  I don't think I have
patches for TI C4x.  I don't know how different the chips are.

I don't think there is any gcc support for either chip in the main
tree.

Ian

* Re: binutils for TI Cxx
@ 1999-12-09 14:19   ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 1999-12-09 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: binutils

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

>    Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 08:06:31 -0600
>    From: Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com>
>
>    Does anyone know the status of the binutils support for the
>    TI C3x and C4x in either 2.9.1 or the development snapshots?
>
> The development snapshots includes TI C3x support, using COFF or
> a.out.  This was contributed by Steve Haworth.  I don't think I have
> patches for TI C4x.  I don't know how different the chips are.

I think they are similar although like all CPU variants, instructions
always differ. :)

I guess I can email Steve and see how this relates to the patch on
the gcc_c40 web site.

Thanks.

> I don't think there is any gcc support for either chip in the main
> tree.

Actually the c4x is merged although according to the web site
of Michael Hayes who did the port, it does not include "aggressive
optimizations".  He distributes a patch for that part.

I need to check on the gdb support also.  There is a cycle accurate
simulator
for this CPU.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985