Hi Andrew, Sorry that this is later than advertised... > I agree that there may be some problem inserting it into the diagram, but > the important ting is that it must be inserted into the inheritance tree in > the code and that the |s (ors) are removed from the instruction table (the > op32 stuff may be ok, but the others have to go). Ok, here is a patch that I think fixes up the diagram and removes the |'s from the opcodes table. What do you think ? > My other concern is the arch_op32 thingy. I don't know what it is for, or > what the affect on the architecture code is, but you should be aware that it > will not be encoded into the elf flags and, therefore, will not be available > at link time. If it is only intended to be for the assembler then it may be > ok. It is intended for the assembler and disassembler. It has no affect on architecture selection. Cheers Nick bfd/ChangeLog 2004-11-08 Nick Clifton * archures.c: Add fake SH2A architectures. * bfd-in2.h: Regenerate. * cpu-sh.c: Add entries for fake SH2A architectures. binutils/ChangeLog 2004-11-08 Nick Clifton * readelf.c: Add support for fake SH2A architectures. gas/testsuite/ChangeLog 2004-11-08 Nick Clifton * gas/sh/arch/arch_expected.txt: Replace expected sh3e architectures with sh2a_(fake2). * gas/sh/arch/sh4.s: Replace fabs with frchg as the fabs instructions is used by SH2A as well. include/elf/ChangeLog 2004-11-08 Nick Clifton * sh.h: Use hex constants for the EF flags to better demonstrate how the masking works. (EF_SH2A_FAKE1, EF_SH2A_FAKE2, EF_SH2A_FAKE3, EF_SH2A_FAKE4): Define. (EF_SH_BFD_TABLE): Add fake SH2A architectures. ld/testsuite/ChangeLog 2004-11-08 Nick Clifton * ld-sh/arch/arch_expected.txt: Replace expected sh3e architectures with sh2a_(fake2). * ld-sh/arch/sh4.s: Replace fabs with frchg as the fabs instructions is used by SH2A as well. opcodes/ChangeLog 2004-11-08 Nick Clifton * sh-opc.h (sh_table): Create fake SH2A architectures so that every SH opcode has exactly one associated base architecture. Update the SH architecture relationship diagram to add nodes for these fake architectures.