When cross compiling a dynamic executable, the linker attempts to find the dynamic linker in the 'standard places' (just as it does when compiling nativly). This behaviour is rather irritating when the linker tries to link an SH object file (in my case) against the x86 dynamic linker on the build system. I do not know whether my solution is acceptable to other people, but I have attached a patch which attempts to solve the problem. It makes much more sense to me that the linker should look for cross dynamic linkers in the same place it looks for cross dynamic libraries. If it does not find it with the libraries it still continues to look in the standard places. -- Andrew Stubbs andrew.stubbs@st.com (aka. andrew.stubbs@superh.com)