Hi Edward, > Looks good to me. A few comments below ... Thanks - I have taken most of these on board, apart from the rewording of what a linker script declaration does when it creates an entry in the symbol table. Call me pedantic, but I think that my version was technically more accurate. Anyway I have checked the attached revised patch in with this ChangeLog entry. Cheers Nick ld/ChangeLog 2005-02-01 Edward Welbourne Nick Clifton * ld.texinfo (Source Code Reference): New node describing how to access linker script defined variables from source code.