Hi Mike, >>>basically every place you see '-linux-gnu*', add a similar >>>'-linux-uclibc*' match >> >>Perhaps it is politically incorrect to suggest this, but wouldn't it >>make sense to just allow -linux-* rather than add a bunch of >>linux-uclibc's everywhere? > it doesnt matter to me which is used so long as 'it works' :) I like this idea. So I have checked in the attached variant of your patch together with these ChangeLog entries: bfd/ChangeLog 2005-03-23 Mike Frysinger Nick Clifton * config.bfd: Accept any C library to accompany a GNU Linux implementation, not just the GNU C library. * configure.in: Likewise. * configure: Regenerate. gas/ChangeLog 2005-03-23 Mike Frysinger Nick Clifton * configure.tgt: Accept any C library to accompany a GNU Linux implementation, not just the GNU C library. * configure.in: Likewise. * configure: Regenerate. ld/ChangeLog 2005-03-23 Mike Frysinger Nick Clifton * configure.host: Accept any C library to accompany a GNU Linux implementation, not just the GNU C library. * configure.tgt: Likewise. * emultempl/elf32.em: Likewise. Cheers Nick