* ld & ylwrap
@ 1999-08-21 21:26 Mark E.
From: Mark E. @ 1999-08-21 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello again, I was wondering why ld is the only one of the utilies that
uses yacc but doesn't use ylwrap? The next version of Automake will
have an ylwrap that works with DJGPP, so I'm would be nice if ld's
Makefile could be changed to use it ylwrap it isn't too much trouble.

Mark

---
Mark Elbrecht, snowball3@bigfoot.com
http://snowball.frogspace.net/

* Re: ld & ylwrap
       [not found] <19990829163834.687.qmail@daffy.airs.com>
@ 1999-08-29 12:48 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1999-08-29 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: snowball3; +Cc: binutils

   From: "Mark E." <snowball3@bigfoot.com>
   Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:16:34 -0400

   Hello again, I was wondering why ld is the only one of the utilies that
   uses yacc but doesn't use ylwrap? The next version of Automake will
   have an ylwrap that works with DJGPP, so I'm would be nice if ld's
   Makefile could be changed to use it ylwrap it isn't too much trouble.

The ld Makefile.in isn't explicitly avoiding ylwrap.  ylwrap is
entirely an automake thing, so it's simply that automake isn't
generating code to use ylwrap when running yacc.  I believe that's
because ld/Makefile.in only has one .y file.

You need to change automake.  As far as I know, there is nothing we
can change in the binutils sources to make ld use ylwrap.

Ian

* ld & ylwrap
@ 1999-08-21 21:26 Mark E.