Hi Griogry, > Also there is a little problem with the patch: new command line option > has no affect on symbol table and local symbol table hashes because > routine parse_args gets called after symbol_begin in "as.c", where these > hashes allocated. Ah - good point. There was also a small problem with non-BFD assemblers in that the patch used the bfd_size_type. Therefore I am applying the attached patch to fix both of these problems. I checked - moving the parse_args before the symbol_begin does not appear to have any adverse effects. Cheers Nick gas/ChangeLog 2005-04-14 Nick Clifton * as.c (main): Move parse_args before symbol_begin and frag_init so that the hash table size can be set before it is used. * hash.c: Use an unsigned long type for the size of the hash tables. * hash.h (set_gas_hash_table_size): Update the prototype.