* Procedure size
@ 2005-04-26 22:39 Sumesh UdayaKumaran
From: Sumesh UdayaKumaran @ 2005-04-26 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,
    Can some one tell me how can one find the size of a procedure
from the object file using BFD support ?
I found many kinds of sizes (cooked_size, raw_size) in the "asection"
structure, but
none matched with the objdump (just subtracting the starting addresses of
two
consecutive procedures).

thanks
Sumesh

* Re: Procedure size
@ 2005-05-05 10:28 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2005-05-05 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumesh UdayaKumaran; +Cc: binutils

Hi Sumesh,

>    Can some one tell me how can one find the size of a procedure
> from the object file using BFD support ?

Procedures should have a symbol associated with them.  This symbol
should have the BSF_SYMBOL flag set and, for ELF based input object
files at lease, the size of this symbol should be the size of the procedure.

> I found many kinds of sizes (cooked_size, raw_size) in the "asection"
> structure, but

Note - the asection structure contains the entire contents of a section,
which will probably contain lots of procedures, not just one.

Cheers
   Nick