Hi, The attached patchette enables building of gprof for cross builds. I believe gprof builds and executes correctly in this scenario with the single caveat that if you wish to examine gmon.out files produced on a target whose pointer size is 64 bits then you must compile gprof with a compiler that supports a 64-bit integer type. As far as I can tell, endianness issues are handled automatically by virtue of the I/O routines going via bfd. Does that caveat mean that a configure test (involving the build compiler's capability and the pointer size of the target) should be used to determine whether to build gprof? I hear that this might be overkill. Tested with cross builds from i686 to SPARC and ARM architectures. Comments appreciated: I've recently started at CodeSourcery and so am somewhat new to all of this :-) Mark