Hi Ligang, > Hi Nick, You do know that your email was sent to a mailing list and not just me, right ? > I have ported Binutils to a 32 bit chip designed by a Chinese IC design > corporation. > Now, We want to release the Binutils code to GNU official. > What's the step? Arrange for the assignment of your copyright for this work to be assigned to the FSF. This process can be started by filling in the attached email form and sending it off. Once that process is complete you can submit the patches to this list and we will review them, and if they are acceptable, we will integrate them into the source tree. There are a couple of points to bear in mind about this process that will make it easier for us to complete this second step: 1. Please ensure that your code has followed the GNU Coding Standards. It makes it much easier for us to read, and ensures that all the code in the binutils project has a uniform style. http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/ 2. Please make sure that you have created ChangeLog entries to describe what your patches do. Just follow the examples of already existing ChangeLog entries. (Note: most directories in the binutils sources have a ChangeLog. Please use the ChangeLog file that is in the same directory as the changes that are made there). 3. If your patch is quite big, (I expect that it will be), then please split it up into several different emails, as this will avoid readers of this mailing list from having to download a huge email. Ideally you could split the patch up based on the major directories of the binutils project (gas, bfd, ld, binutils). Also it helps if you include the actual patches as compressed attachments, as this will make them quicker to download and easier to skip if the reader does not want to see them. 4. It helps if you can create new directories in the GAS and LD testsuite directories that check your particular target. Having these allows us to check to see if any changes made to the generic sources are going to have any unforeseen side effects on your port. Cheers Nick