* C++ demangling of 64-bit symbols on ppc64
@ 2007-04-03 22:19 Maynard Johnson
From: Maynard Johnson @ 2007-04-03 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi all,
As the de facto maintainer of the ppc64 bits of oprofile, I was recently
asked to look into an oprofile bug where it was incorrectly demangling
64-bit symbols.  The oprofile code uses the libiberty function,
cplus_demangle(), but is not getting back the right answer for ppc64
64-bit symbols.  This appears to be more fallout from the change (made a
couple years ago or so) to the opd for ppc64, where the leading "." was
removed from 64-bit symbols.

I hacked around the problem in my private oprofile src tree, but I'm
thinking this issue should be solved at its source.  I'm seeing this
problem on a SLES 10 system with binutils version 2.16.91.  Has this
possibly been resolved in a more recent binutils version or in CVS?

Thanks.
-Maynard