Hi Maciej, Thanks for your detailed reply, and I have some questions about them. 在 2023/8/21 19:14, Maciej W. Rozycki 写道: > On Mon, 21 Aug 2023, Ying Huang wrote: > >> Can you help commit  these two patchs? > To move forward you need to put the findings from the discussion in the > change description, especially given the difficulty to figure out what the > correct naming convention for the ELF file header flags is supposed to be. > This is so that the next time this information is needed it is readily > available rather than requiring chasing in the archives and/or depending > on the presence of people who may still remember it as on this occasion. > > I think it will help if you split the glibc patch into self-contained > functional subsets: > > 1. File header flags -- need documentation, as noted above. > > 2. SHT_MIPS_ABIFLAGS section type -- obviously correct, no need to > elaborate on it. > > 3. Relocation types -- obviously correct, no need to elaborate on it. > > 4. GNU attribute stuff -- technically Tag_GNU_MIPS_ABI_FP along with the > enumeration it comes with is a bug fix for commit 0bd956720c45 ("Add > support for MIPS O32 FPXX and .MIPS.abiflags") which, conservatively, > only added definitions actually used by the dynamic loader itself, > despite that the header is a part of our public API for the MIPS psABI. > I think that either said definitions ought to have been provided > internally only or the whole of the API should have been exported at > once (this applies to #2 above too). Sorry, I am not very clear about this #4 above. What is the whole API? Did you mean not to submit the GNU attribute part or submit the whole API? > > Then the MSA stuff and Val_GNU_MIPS_ABI_FP_NAN2008 as later additions > are distinct changes each. I think it is worth mentioning in the > inline comment that the latter attribute value has been superseded by > EF_MIPS_NAN2008. Only to add comments before enum Val_GNU_MIPS_ABI_FP_NAN2008? > > I'd be tempted to say these would best be three distint changes then, > but maybe other people would consider it overly pedantic. What are these threee changes? > > Then the binutils change needs to document the switch from E_* to EF_* > definitions accordingly. > > Maciej I have submitted patch to binutils which is https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/2023-August/129098.html. Did you mean append commit message? Thanks, Ying